Friday, June 19, 2009

Sick Husband

This month has been a horrible month. I just started feeling better from my tachy heart rate from a couple weeks ago and now my husband is ill. He has not been feeling well this last week and yesterday he started having chest pain and difficulty breathing. Last night Stuart did not get any sleep at all. I woke up at 420a.m. this morning to leave for work and Stu was pacing back and forth and just looked miserable, He was having a really hard time breathing. He told me to go to work and that he would call me later if he needed me to take him in to the doctors, so I went to work. Well Stu called me at 12p.m. telling me that he feels like something is wrong and needs to see the doctor, Stu could not take himself to the doctors because his battery in his car is bad, so I had to get off work and take him to the doctors. The doctor thought he might have pneumonia so he took a chest x-ray, well the x-ray showed no signs of pneumonia and it looked cleared, but he really felt like there was something wrong with him cause he was wheezing. The doctor wanted us to go to the ER to rule out a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs). I took Stu to the ER and we spent like 5 hours there, I hate waiting to find out what is wrong, I was very nervous. The ER doctor took a CT scan to check for a pulmonary embolism, It was negative, Yay! But he has an infection in his lungs and said that he has Atypical Pneumonia, which does not show up on a chest x-ray and that is why it was negative at the doctors office. They gave him IV antibiotics and breathing treatments and sent him home with more antibiotics to take for a couple days. Poor Stu, he really feels horrible. Thank goodness for medicine. Well I am so so tired and was going to take work off tomorrow but decided not too. So now I need to get to bed so I can get up at 4a.m. for work:-( And its going to be a long day cause I am working a 12 hour shift at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment