Sunday, July 12, 2009

Camping











Went Camping at Palisade State Park over the weekend. We drove down there after I got off work on Thursday. It was Owen's first time camping, so you can imagine how we were dreading the first night there. It was a 3 hour drive and we did not arrive till 9:15 p.m. that night. Stuart put the tent up and then I just got Owen ready for bed. He screamed for the first 30 mins and then fell asleep. I was nervous about waking people up in the middle of the night cause Stu and I knew that Owen was going to wake up. Well.. he did wake up. He woke up at around 2:15 a.m. Stuart was so calm and did such great job with Owen, but I was panicking cause I did not want to wake people up, so Stu made a bed up for Owen in the back of his hatchback car, that way if Owen woke up again no one would hear him cry. Stu slept in the passenger seat and did not get much sleep at all:-( I love you Stu, you do so well with Owen.

We had a great time the next day. It was still a little hard cause Owen was very tired and cranky and would not eat much food at all. I did make sure Owen drank a lot though. It was so hot and I did not want Owen to get dehyrated. Stu and I decided to take Owen canoeing out on the lake and he did not like it one bit. It was my first time as well and I really wanted to go out again, but with out Owen, so Stu had my in-laws watch Owen so we could enjoy it. I loved the peace and quiet. Thank you Bruce and Lisa for watching Owen:-)

I took Owen out to the lake to play in the water and he had such a great time. He would not wear the arm floates or the life jacket, but I was next to him the whole time so I was not too bothered. He also wanted to stay near the side and would not go to far in so that made me happy. Owen and his cousin Josie had such a great time together. Josie would follow Owen everywhere and Owen would follow Josie too. They love spending time together and I love watching them play together. My mother in-law brought a small pool for the kids to play in and they had such a great time. I love family get togethers cause I like to watch everyone interact and have fun! It's those moments that makes life so much fun.

We came back Saturday night and Owen slept the whole way home. I was so shocked cause It was a 3 hour drive. Stu was so so tired. He was so excited when we got home cause he wanted to sleep. Owen also went right to bed as well. I can't wait to go camping next year with the family!





No comments:

Post a Comment